Manaaki Whenua has compiled the maps and factsheets available on this site from information derived from numerous sources. The information may not be complete, correct or up to date. We do not accept responsibility for any actions taken in reliance on it or consequences arising from the use of it.
The maps and factsheets you can view and download from this website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 New Zealand License (BY-NC-ND).
This license allows you to use the maps, factsheets and information taken from the site for non-commercial purposes only. (If you wish to use material from this site for commercial purposes, please contact us.) If you remix, transform, or build upon material from this site, you may not distribute the modified material. The full terms of the license are available here.
Among other things, the license also provides that:
- Except as required by law or as otherwise agreed in writing between the us, the maps, factsheets and information made available through this site are licensed by Landcare Research New Zealand Limited on an "as is" and "as available" basis and without any warranty of any kind, either express or implied.
- Subject to any liability that may not be excluded or limited by law, Landcare Research New Zealand Limited shall not be liable on any legal basis (including without limitation negligence) and expressly excludes all liability for loss or damage howsoever and whenever caused to you.
Note that if you have approached Manaaki Whenua regarding commercial use of the site, you will be issued with a separate Landcare Research New Zealand Limited license which will have terms and conditions applicable to your use of the web site and the maps, factsheets and other information.
The S-map web site is protected by copyright and may not be reproduced in whole or in part except under license from Landcare Research New Zealand Limited.
By using this site you agree, and are deemed, to be bound by the following Terms. If you choose not to be bound by the following Terms, then Manaaki Whenua does not grant you the right to use this site.
You acknowledge that Manaaki Whenua acts as the provider of this web site.
You agree that you will not attempt to alter this site or employ any robot, spider, or other device or process or means whatever to use this site for any unauthorised purposes. You agree not to:
- make excessive traffic demands;
- deliver viruses or forward any other system that is of a destructive nature or capable of so being whether alone or in combination;
- otherwise engage in any other behaviour that may be reasonably expected to inhibit other users from using and enjoying the site; or
- damage or destroy the reputation of Manaaki Whenua.
Manaaki Whenua accepts no obligation to monitor the use of this site. However, Manaaki Whenua reserves the right to disclose any information as required by law, to block access to you, your agents, associates or your company and take such other action as may be reasonably necessary to prevent any breach of these terms and conditions or any breach of applicable laws. Manaaki Whenua will also in its absolute discretion fully co-operate with the relevant authorities with respect to any investigation of suspected unlawful activity or violation of the website's security.
Manaaki Whenua does not warrant that the S-map Online web site or on the internet generally will be uninterruptible or error free or that any information, software or other material accessible from this site is free of viruses or other harmful components.
Manaaki Whenua is not responsible for any information contained on sites that this web site provides links to nor any third party content that can be accessed through this web site. The inclusion of any link to a web site is not an endorsement of the linked site.
You also acknowledge that Manaaki Whenua may suspend the operation of the S-map Online web site for repair or maintenance work or in order to update or vary the contents or functionality of the web site.
You accept that access to or use of the S-map Online web site or services or pages linked to it will not necessarily be uninterrupted or error free.
Manaaki Whenua reserves the right to modify or terminate the S-map Online web site for any reason without notice at any time.
Enquiries or Complaints
If you have any enquiries or complaints about the information or services provided by this web site then please address them to:Dr David Medyckyj-Scott
Manaaki Whenua - Landcare Research
Private Bag 11052
Manawatu Mail Centre
Palmerston North 4442
These Terms were last updated on 29 January 2018.