What is S-map?
Existing soil databases are patchy in scale, age and quality. Many maps do not adequately describe the underlying properties of the soil types they represent. S-map integrates existing reports and digital information and updates soil maps where existing data are of low quality. Our goal is to provide comprehensive, quantitative soil information to support sustainable development and scientific modelling.
What is S-map Online?
Using S-map online you can:
- Explore interactive soil maps
- Learn about the soil in your area
- View detailed information about a soil class or attribute
- Create custom PDF soil maps for printing
- Download soil factsheets for specific locations